Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili
We have officially entered into the cooler season!! Fall temperatures are here and that makes me want – chili!Until now, our hands-down favorite has always been my healthier turkey chili here. While it still holds a special place at our dinner table, this creamy white chicken chili is a new favorite. It’s delicious – with just the right amount of kick! This slow cooker white chicken chili recipe is a must try!
Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili is easy
Slow cooker soups are truly amazing! Using a slow cooker can take a great recipe and make it even better. We love using our slow cooker to make things easy. I’m all about that great homemade flavor without all the effort!
Is Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili healthy?
Everyone wants to eat healthy – right? Well, I won’t claim that slow cooker white chicken chili is healthy… but I do think it’s definitely healthier than some recipes I have found. I have tried several different recipes for white chicken chili. Most I have found call for mostly heavy cream, but this one uses reduced fat cream cheese and some half and half! Also, the toppings are an area where you can go a little healthier. For example, I do not put cheese or sour cream on mine. I usually opt for avocado, cilantro and tortilla strips. Tons of great flavor, with a little less calories!
While this chili is perfect for those chilly Fall nights, where you can curl up on the couch with a big bowl and switch on the tv, it’s also really great for game day! You can feed quite a few people with this chili (especially if you have a big slow cooker like this one here, and you can double the recipe), and even pick up a carrying case so you could take this chili tailgating!
I’ve even seen some people having a chili bar at a party, where you whip up a big batch of this creamy white chicken chili, then set out a big variety of toppings and let your guests make it their own.
This is one meal you definitely need to try this Fall or Winter… trust me, you deserve it
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts trimmed of excess fat
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 24 oz. chicken broth (low sodium)
- 2 15 oz cans great Northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 4 oz cans diced green chiles
- 1 15 oz can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp cumin
- ¾ tsp oregano
- ½ tsp chili powder
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- Small handful fresh cilantro, chopped
- 4 oz reduced fat cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup half and half
- Sliced jalapenos
- Sliced avocados
- Sour cream
- Fresh cilantro, chopped
- Tortilla strips
- Shredded Monterey jack or Mexican blend cheese
- Add chicken breasts to the bottom of the slow cooker. Season with salt, pepper, cumin, oregano, chili powder and cayenne pepper.
- Add the diced onion, minced garlic, great northern beans, green chiles, corn, chicken broth and cilantro. Stir.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours or on HIGH for 3-4 hours.
- Remove chicken, shred, then return it to the slow cooker.
- Add cream cheese and half and half, stir and then cover to cook on HIGH for 15 minutes, or until chili is creamy and slightly thickened.
- Stir well and serve with desired toppings.
If you are into white chicken chili then you absolutely must try this slow cooker white chicken chili recipe. It is the perfect combination of creamy, filling and it has a little kick of heat. It will surely warm you up on a cold day.
If you like this slow cooker white chicken chili recipe, please share it on social media and with friends. For all the latest recipes, container gardening tips and growing guides subscribe to our newsletter in sidebar.