If you have been looking for the perfect chili recipe for your big game party, then look no further! This coming Sunday is the Superbowl, the Big Game, the culmination of an entire season of football and everyone is having a party.
Here’s the Best Turkey Chili Recipe!
In the United States, we love getting together with our friends and family to celebrate all sorts of events. What does everyone want when we get together? –Food! We want to eat when we get together. Superbowl Sunday is the second largest food day for Americans, only second to Thanksgiving!
Your big game party would not be complete without a big bowl of chili with some amazing toppings. This is how we do chili in our house.
- 2 lb of ground turkey
- 5 cans of chili beans
- 3 cans of kidney beans, drained
- 1 28 oz can of crushed tomatoes
- 2 cups of chicken or beef stock
- 1 medium Spanish onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 4 tbsp Cumin
- 3 tbsp Chili powder
- Here are some of our favorite toppings:
- Sour cream
- Cheddar Cheese
- Chopped Jalapenos
- Red onion
- Start by putting a pot on the stove on medium heat. Add in 3 tbsp of oil (your choice). I use vegetable oil. Let your oil get warm.
- Add in your diced onion and begin to sweat them. Add in your garlic and cook until the onions are translucent. Stir. Be careful to not let the garlic burn.
- Add in your ground turkey. Cook until it is all completely cooked.
- Add in your crushed tomatoes including juice.
- Add your chicken or beef stock.
- Add in your beans and allow to cook.
- Add in your spices
- Bring to a boil and then turn down to simmer for 45 mins to an hour.
- Serve with your favorite toppings.
In addition to this great recipe, if you like your chili spicy then add in some diced jalapenos when cooking your onions. This recipe is great for the whole family! You also have some amazing options for toppings to kick it up a notch.
Make this chili for your big game day and score a touchdown with your fans!