No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter and Oatmeal Cookies
Have you ever wanted something sweet – but didn’t have anything that you could snack on without actually making something? I have! Our family loves to spend time together and we can be sitting watching a movie when we decided that we want something sweet. We do not want to spend the time making something and then waiting for it to bake – so we make our go to no bake chocolate peanut butter and oatmeal cookies. They are super simple and incredibly delicious!
No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter and Oatmeal Cookies: The perfect combination
What goes together better than chocolate and peanut butter? Nothing! This is a classic combo that everyone loves! We always have peanut butter, chocolate and oatmeal on hand. This simple recipe makes use of everyday ingredients that everyone has on hand.
No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter and Oatmeal Cookies: A “no-fuss” dessert
These cookies can be whipped up really quick. In a matter of minutes you can have the batter mixed up and spoon out on the cookie sheet. You don’t even have to wait for them to bake! On top of all that – our kiddos love these cookies!
Tip: Use parchment paper on your cookie sheets to help with clean up. When the cookies are gone just throw the paper away and the cookies sheets can be put up.
Let’s get started!
- ½ cup (113 grams) unsalted butter
- 2 cups (397 grams) granulated sugar
- ½ cup (120 ml) whole or 2% milk
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- Pinch of salt
- ½ cup (135 grams) peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups (267 grams) quick-cooking oats
- Add the first five ingredients (through the salt) to a 4-quart saucepan.
- Bring to a rapid boil and let boil for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in the peanut butter and vanilla extract until smooth, then stir in the oats.
- Using a medium cookie scoop (or 2 table spoonful’s), drop onto parchment-lined baking sheets.
- Let cool until set, about 30 minutes. Cookies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature (or in the refrigerator) for up to 2 weeks.
Once you have made these cookies – your family will love them and want them all the time. I know our family loves them! We find that they are just the right thing for a family movie night or a quick after school snack. Either way – I hope your family enjoys them as much as we do.
If you like these No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter and Oatmeal Cookies, please share it on social media and with friends. For all the latest recipes, container gardening tips and growing guides subscribe to our newsletter in sidebar.