How many times have you tried a chicken soup recipe only to find that it was plain and unsatisfying? I have tried tons of recipes! To me, nothing I like more than a big bowl of chicken soup on a cool fall night with the family. We have tried literally dozens of chicken soup recipes but have found that nothing beats this Chicken Soup with avocado and lime recipe!
Chicken Soup for the soul
This Chicken soup with avocado and lime is a recipe that is after my own soul. We absolutely love avocado and lime in our house. We have both of them on hand all the time! The two pair really well in this and many other recipes.
We found a squeeze of lime a great way to brighten up a dish.
Tip: If you want to add a crunchy element to this dish, simply slice and fry/bake up some thin tortilla strips. Season them with a squeeze of lime and a pinch of salt. They are amazing!
What makes a good Chicken Soup recipe?
There a few things that make a really good bowl of chicken soup. First, the chicken needs to be seasoned well. You don’t want bland chicken! Second, the broth has to be homemade. I can definitely taste the difference between canned and homemade broth.
Related: Try our Chicken Broth Recipe for the ultimate foundation for your soup!
Chicken Soup with avocado and lime
That is one of the most common downfalls to chicken soup. The foundation always starts with a good flavored broth. The broth seasoned with chicken on the bone and hearty vegetables will kick it up a notch.
This Chicken soup with avocado and lime will definitely change your mind about chicken soup.
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and diced
- 1 tomato, seeded and diced
- 1 white onion, thinly sliced
- 8 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 4 jalapeno peppers, sliced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 4 6-inch corn tortillas, julienned and baked
- 1 cup thin strips of boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat then cook onion, garlic, jalapeno until tender, about 3 to 5 minutes. Add tomato, chicken broth, chicken strips, lime juice, salt and pepper and simmer for about 5 minutes. When chicken is cooked, stir in avocado and cilantro and heat through. Transfer to soup bowls and top with tortilla strips before serving.
If you like this Chicken Soup with avocado and lime recipe, please share it on social media and with friends. For all the latest recipes, gardening tips and growing guides subscribe to our newsletter in sidebar.