Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas are a snap to make and loaded with fresh veggies, chicken tenders, and flavor! Colorful bell peppers, red onions tossed together in olive oil along with spices. After cooking squeeze some lime juice over them then sprinkle on fresh cilantro for the perfect finish touch. Serve these delicious fajita wraps up soft flour tortillas- or corn if you prefer something lighter – it really doesn’t matter because Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas can do no wrong!
Sheet pan chicken fajitas are so easy to prepare that they’re almost as quick as ordering takeout from your favorite Mexican restaurant but without all of those calories:) I like tenderizing my own boneless skinless breast cutlets myself before
How to Make Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
Start by slicing your red onions and seeded bell peppers into 1/4 inch slices. Toss the veggies with olive oil, spices from salt to garlic powder! I like doing this in a large bowl but if you don’t feel like using one then just add everything onto the sheet pan and give it some time for each ingredient to soak up that flavor. You can use any dark colored baking tray because these help caramelize those oniony-bell peppy flavors much quicker than light colors do!
Start by cutting all of our ingredients into thin strips – think about ¼ an inch thickness or even less depending on what type of texture you are going for when cooking them together as well as how long they take at heat temperature wise.
I have to admit, sometimes I’m cooking and do not want the mess. So what’s a guy to do? It all starts with two ingredients: non-stick cookware spray, and an aluminum baking sheet.
First step is grab your trusty stainless steel pan! Add about 1/2 cup of water—need more or less depending on how big your recipe batch size is–to cover the bottom (or at least most) of it before you turn up that heat . Next off add in some oil for flavor if you like; olive oil works well here because its got such a neutral taste but vegetable oils work alright too if they’re healthy enough for ya’. Rest assured there are no eggs frying any time soon so don’t
To make things quicker, I use chicken tenders in the recipe which are just chicken breast that have already been sliced into strips. If you want to be more involved with your cooking process and get a little creative then slice up some whole chickens instead of using pre-sliced meat like those found at restaurants or grocery stores.
Roasting chicken and veggies at 425 degrees for 20 minutes is a great way to get the perfect roast vegetables with just enough caramelization. For extra flavor, turn on your oven’s broiler and let those beauties pick up some color! Just run it for 1-2 minutes because overcooked veg can be bad news.
Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas Ingredients
- 1 1/2 pounds of chicken breast tenders
- 1 yellow bell pepper sliced into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 red bell pepper sliced into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 orange bell pepper sliced into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 small red onion sliced into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of kosher salt
- several turns of freshly ground pepper
- 2 teaspoon of chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- fresh cilantro for garnish
- tortillas warmed
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine onion, bell pepper, chicken tenders, olive oil, salt and pepper and spices.
- Toss to combine.
- Spray baking sheet with non stick cooking spray.
- Spread chicken, bell peppers and onions on baking sheet.
- Cook at 425 degrees for about 20 minutes, until chicken reaches 165 degrees. Then turn oven to broil and cook for additional 1-2 minutes just letting the veggies pick up some color. Watch carefully to make sure they don’t start to burn.
- In the last five minutes of cooking,not while the broiler is on, let tortillas wrapped in foil warm in the oven.
- Squeeze juice from fresh limes over fajita mixture while hot and top with fresh cilantro.
- Serve in warm tortillas.
If you are looking for a quick and delicious meal for a week night or just craving some Tex-Mex – then this Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas recipe will not disappoint!
If you like this article about sheet pan chicken fajitas, please share it on social media and with friends. For all the latest recipes, container gardening tips and growing guides subscribe to our newsletter in sidebar.
Check out our YouTube channel!