Kale Pesto with Toasted Walnuts Recipe
Who doesn’t love pasta? I mean pasta is one of the best comfort foods out there. Pasta is a blank canvas waiting for you to “sauce” it up! One of the best sauces that you can use is – fresh made pesto! There is just something about the earthiness of the herbs and nuts. Pasta with basil pesto – no! Kale Pesto is the new thing! I know that some of you might think I am crazy, Kale Pesto? If you love Pesto, you are sure to love this tasty Kale Pesto with toasted walnuts recipe!
It is delicious! It has kale! Also, just the right amount of herbs paired with the nutty flavor of the walnuts and parmesan cheese that takes the recipe to the next level.
- 2 cups packed torn kale leaves, stems removed
- 1 cup packed fresh basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup toasted walnuts
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a food processor, combine the kale leaves, basil leaves, and salt. Pulse 10 to 12 times, until the kale leaves are finely chopped.
- With the motor running, drizzle in the olive oil. Scrape down the sides of the processor.
- Add the walnuts and garlic and process again, then add the cheese and pulse to combine.
- Toss with your favorite pasta and serve immediately.
Kale is amazing for you and what better way to dress up some pasta! This delicious Kale pesto will surely change your life!
If you like this Kale Pesto with toasted walnuts, please share it on social media and with friends. For all the latest recipes, container gardening tips and growing guides subscribe to our newsletter in sidebar.