Hi! I’m John, the creator of Backyard Eden and I would like to welcome you to the site.
This site is for you if:
- You don’t mind getting your hands dirty.
- You think it’s a shame to let good food go to waste…
- The garden is your happy place and you love to explore and find out what’s around the next bend.
So, welcome. I think we have lots in common. 🤗
Here’s what you’ll find here.
Backyard Eden is full of incredible ideas, tools, and resources — from someone who has actually tried them all — to help you reach the next level in your gardening.
You’re going to find real tips based on real experiences, and that includes lessons learned from your own mistakes — so you don’t have to make them yourself.
Let your curiosity guide you around this site and not only will you start dreaming about all the amazing things you’ll grow and eat, but you’ll also start taking action and seeing the magic happen.
Think of me as your guide to mastering your garden.
How to get started?
You can start exploring by clicking on the menu in the top center of your screen. You can always just dive a little deeper into my content archive by clicking on “blog”.
Not finding what you need? I’m always open to suggestions on new topics I can research and share.
Some of my most valuable nuggets are sent directly to my 2,659 (and counting!) newsletter subscribers. Want to join them? Just sign up below for insightful weekly emails aimed at helping you grow more food in your garden and experience the beauty of the harvest.
Meanwhile, these are my most popular posts that I think you’ll enjoy as a jumping off point.
- How to mulch around fruit trees
- The Top 10 Cherry Tomato Varieties to grow in your garden
- 5 Tips for Growing Carrots in Raised Beds
- How to Grow Zucchini Vertically
- Easy Sopapilla Cheesecake
- Salted Caramel Apple Sheet Cake
- Creamy Tuscan Garlic Chicken
- Traditional Chimichurri Recipe
Other Points of Interest:
- Browse my Shop for all the things I love and recommend
- See what I’m currently growing in my garden
- Find out more about me
And if you have any questions or stories to share, I’m just an email away.
Thank you for being here.
I know there are thousands of other sites you could be visiting, and I’m so glad you picked this one.