Slow Cooker Apple Cider Recipe
What makes every cold night with family better? A glass of warm apple cider. We love to enjoy this slow cooker apple cider when we need a fresh and tasty pick-me-up on those chilly nights.
Why buy apple cider at the store when you can make it at home? But, doesn’t it take forever to make?
What if I told you that it can be made in the slow cooker? It can be! Just add the ingredients, set a timer, and then wait for the delicious results.
Slow cookers can make your life so much easier! Here is a great slow cooker to use! We use it all the time here on our farm!
- 5 Apples (medium, I use red and green)
- 1 Orange (whole)
- 2 Cinnamon sticks
- 1/2 Teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 whole clove
- 1/4 Teaspoon Allspice
- 8 Cups water
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup caramel topping (homemade or store bought caramel sauce)
- Wash apples and orange. Chop apples into quarters (you can leave the stems/seeds etc).
- Add them to the slow cooker along with the whole orange.
- Add water, cinnamon sticks, nutmeg, clove, and allspice.
- Cook on LOW for 6-8 hours or HIGH for 3-4 hours. (If you notice the orange split open at any point during cooking, remove it from the pot so it doesn’t make the cider bitter. This has never happened to me, but it can happen)
- One hour before the mixture is done cooking, mash the apples with a potato masher. Replace lid and continue cooking for 1 more hour.
- Use a fine-mesh strainer to strain the contents into a large heat-proof pitcher. Stir in brown sugar and caramel sauce and stir to dissolve.
- Serve warm with fresh whipped cream and caramel sauce drizzled on top. Refrigerate leftovers for 5-6 days. Rewarm to serve.
You cannot have a family get-together in October or November without having some apple cider for the kids – and or you!
The slow cooker apple cider recipe is so easy, you literally put it on and forget it for a while and come back to fresh cider that is absolutely delicious! You have to try it!
If you like this slow cooker apple cider recipe, please share it on social media and with friends. For all the latest recipes, container gardening tips,and growing guides subscribe to our newsletter in the sidebar.