Slow Cooker Fried Apples Recipe
It is November and we’re coming up on Thanksgiving fast! This one of my favorite times of the year! And while I love spending time with family and cooking a big meal, I don’t always love slaving away all day in the kitchen. So, I’m always looking for ways to make life easier around the holidays. I look for easy shortcuts that still pack the same flavor punch of our holiday favorites. And that’s just the case with these slow cooker fried apples recipe!
What’s better than fried apples in the fall? I love fried apples! They are way easier to make than a classic apple pie. When it comes to Thanksgiving, we want our meals to be delicious and easy.
This Slow Cooker Fried Apples recipe is the best of both worlds. Delicious and easy!
It is super simple! You start with bagged, sliced apples – yes, bagged apples. You want a nice thin skinned red apple, like gala, which are common with sliced, bagged apples. Just toss them in a little cornstarch, then a cinnamon-sugar blend then pop them in the slow cooker and top with melted butter, vanilla and lemon juice.
Let those cook on high for a few hours an they’re done! You’re in fried apple paradise with just a few minutes of effort!
- Bag (approx. 14 oz) of sliced gala apples or similar
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Turn crock pot on to hot setting.
- Add bagged apples and 2 tbsp cornstarch to Ziploc bag and toss until apples are covered.
- In a small bowl, combine granulated sugar, brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Add sugar-cinnamon mixture to Ziploc bag and toss until apples are covered.
- Transfer apples to crock pot.
- Top apples melted butter, vanilla and lemon juice and stir to combine.
- Cook on high for 2 hours or until apples are tender without falling apart.
When you are done straightening up the house and getting ready for those house guests for the holidays. In just a couple of hours you will have a delicious side of slow cooker fried apples that will go great with any meal, not just Thanksgiving or Christmas!
If you like this slow cooker fried apples recipe, please share it on social media and with friends. For all the latest recipes, container gardening tips and growing guides subscribe to our newsletter in sidebar.