What’s one of the best things about going out to eat at your favorite Mexican or Tex-Mex restaurant? The perfect chips and salsa? Yes – but even better than that. The thing we love the most about going to our local Tex-Mex eatery is that when you finish your meal – you get a complimentary dessert! You know what I am talking about! Its all about the Sopapillas! It is an incredible dessert that marries cinnamon-sugar, honey and butter! Wish you were able to make this at home? You can! Try this easy Sopapilla cheesecake!
We love making this sopapilla cheesecake anytime we have Tex-Mex for dinner or have friends over for dinner. It is a dessert that is simple, quick and delicious! This easy sopapilla cheesecake will win you over as well.
- 2 (8oz.) packs of Pillsbury crescent rolls
- 2 (8oz.) packs of cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup butter (melted)
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- honey (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray 9 x 13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Press a can of the crescent rolls to the bottom of the dish, making sure to reach edges and keep together.
- Combine softened cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla.
- Spread the mixture evenly over crescent rolls.
- Roll the remaining crescent roll over the top and stretch to the edges and seal.
- Brush across the entire top of the crescent roll with the melted butter.
- Sprinkle the top with 1 tablespoon cinnamon and 4 tablespoons of sugar
- Bake for about 30 minutes, or until golden brown.
This sopapilla cheesecake can be served warm or cold. It is delicious – no matter what! Simply, cut into triangles or squares, topped with a drizzle of honey and enjoy!
If you like these delicious sopapilla cheesecake, please share it on social media and with friends. For all the latest recipes, container gardening tips and growing guides subscribe to our newsletter in sidebar.
Check out our YouTube channel!